- It is the only industry comprehensive product line designed for energized installation
- It is custom designed to precisely fit each piece of equipment – “It Fits”
- It is offered as part of a service where site plans are made to identify what exactly is needed for coverage
WHAT WE OFFER
Greenjacket provides world-class patented products, tools, and processes for preventing animal-caused power outages at electrical substations. Our customized, turnkey outage protection solutions make it easy for managers to select the best option for improving power reliability. Greenjacket custom-manufactures its dielectric covers to ensure that each cover has the right fit for the electrical component being protected. We provide a product that is quick and easy to install—even in an energized environment.
HOW WE DO IT
- We evaluate schematics and/or images of existing facilities to develop a budgetary estimate for a solution.
- On agreement, we conduct a site assessment to determine points of risk in the substation, then use 3D photogrammetry to obtain equipment dimensions off energized equipment.
- We create a Site Protection Plan that includes a prioritized, itemized list of the protective covers required to mitigate bird- and animal-caused outages. The plan includes detailed installation instructions.
- The product is manufactured using existing and/or custom-developed moulds, as required to protect the substation that has been evaluated.
- Product is delivered to the customer’s site for installation. Greenjacket provides optional consulting support for both customer and contractor based installations.
- Follow-up risk mitigation programs are available to optimize ongoing risk management.
THE VALUE WE DELIVER
- Improved Power Reliability: by reducing the number of bird- and animal-caused contacts, the number of power interruptions is reduced.
- Dollar Savings: bird- and animal-caused outages can result in the costly replacement of equipment, expensive overtime repair charges, and fire-drill management of work schedules.
- Increased Revenues: outages can dramatically reduce billable electric services to customers or negatively impact revenues through production downtime.
- Improved Community and Public Relations: outages create stress for everyone, from the customer through to power system managers and executive teams.
- Reduced Penalties: wildlife protection agencies are increasing the scope and dollar amount of fines related to animal “takes”; fines currently range as high as $500,000 per incident.
- Comprehensive, Turnkey Solutions: no more piecemeal coverage with ill-fitting products. Greenjacket provides a customized solution that is tailored to fit the specific components of a substation.
NOTE: NOT FOR HUMAN PROTECTION